Thursday, March 5, 2009

a thursday morning

Reasons my morning sucked:


As I lay in my bed last night, trying (most unsuccessfully) to get to sleep, I noticed a strange orange glow about my room.

Strange! says I. Perhaps my blinds are not closed completely.

So I scooted over towards the window at the foot of my bed. I checked, but no - the blinds we fully lowered. I twisted the little twirly thing on the side - it was twisted as far as it would go.


And then I had a dreadful suspicion. The room is lighter than it should be late at night? A strange glow? Couldn't be.

But yes. I pulled open the blinds to see - snow. Yes. SNOW.


YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.


Then this morning, after sleeping fitfully (already being stressed out for other reasons), and dreaming of snow (can't even escape it there)... I got out of bed, did my French homework, got dressed and prepared to leave.
But then I realized, the cursed snow was still on the ground. I needed to put on something warmer.
So I pulled on a sweatshirt, glanced at the clock - 8:04. Perfect. I would be on time for the bus.

I walked to the front door, feeling a bit frustrated but hoping to just shake it off.
That is when I realized there were old toothpaste stains down the front of my sweatshirt. I had neglected to notice these previously and had hung the soiled sweatshirt back up in my closet. Crap.

So I ran back to my room, hurriedly grabbed another sweatshirt (which happened to be too small. But what did I care? I'm was to be late!) Another glance at the clock, 8:07. Oh, good. I should still make it for the 8:12.

False.

The bus decided to be EARLY today. So, for the first time this semester, I missed the bus.

2 comments:

Becky Pitcher said...

oh dear.
I am sorry about your sad morning.
but your blog looks lovely.

travis pitcher said...

poor lauren.
I forget that this is your first real winter up in Utah. The thing is, the snow won't really be gone until May-ish. The weather here is super messed up and spring is always quite dynamic. Don't be so mad or else you will loose health, but yeah, the weather here is schizophrenic at least.