Saturday, May 16, 2009

home again

So I do not have a camera... which means I don't really have many pictures to post. But here a couple taken on my computer.

First, this is the room I live in. It's my little brother's old room. Because the kids in my family are all getting to the age where we move away from home and back all the time, we play musical chairs with our bedrooms. Currently, David is in Sean's old room, I am in David's, Sean took mine, and Amy is living in what was once my mom's office downstairs.


Currently, I live in the smallest room. But what it lacks in size, it makes up for in its manliness. I feel like a lumberjack all the time. So I try to wear my plaid whenever I'm in my bedroom. In the picture, I am going for a steely gaze/Howard Moon kind of look.


This picture is of me and my dumb dog. He looks like a cross between an ewok and Falcor the luck dragon (from the Never Ending Story). He is a pain. But he is cute and he likes to sleep on the foot of my bed, which is adorable.



Since I've been home I have mostly been hanging out with old friends, looking for a job (I'm applying at the Chili's down the street, Blockbuster, and basically anywhere I can get my hands on an application), and spending time with my family. Today I took my little sister to the library where she checked out the last Harry Potter book. Her school made her return to copy she had before she was done with it because it's almost the end of the school year. I had forgotten how much I love that library. I checked out a couple of books (Martian Chronicles and Heretics of Dune). I thought I would give myself a chance to really nerd it up for a while. Oh, scifi, I do love you.

Things I've done since my return:
Tuesday: I arrived at home, slept

Wednesday: I went over to Kevin's new place. We swam in the pool at his complex and tanned for a while before going to Ikea to get some things for his apartment. Later that day, I went to see Star Trek with Sean. I was really tired afterwards and planned to just got home and sleep, but Emily called and invited me to hang out. I went and met up with her and a bunch of my friends from high school. I got home super late and was absolutely dead.

Thursday: Slept in pretty late (just until 9 Arizona time, but that is noon Virginia time). Went swimming with David. Then Emily called and invited me to come see her apartment (I had never been to her place before). David came along with us and we went out for Thai food. Delicious. While there I ran into Nicole (new roommate!) and Sydney. From there, we went over to Spalding's (the karate place my family goes to) to drop David off for a class. I talked to my old sensei about taking classes this summer, and he said that I could just sign up for the summer program. Which would be fantastic. :)

Friday: Kevin came over and watched the OC for a while, then we drove out to Scottsdale. He needed to pick up a computer he was going to fix for somebody. While in Scottsdale, we stopped at Sprinkles. Most delicious cupcakes ever. I went home for a bit and then Emily picked me up again. We went and got Mark from his house and then went over to Applebee's. After spending the afternoon together, I went home and watched Jeremiah Johnson with Sean and my mom. Robert Redford is such a man. We got through a little over half of the movie when we called it quits. I went over to Kirsten's and Sean went to meet up with some friends that lived over in Kirsten's neighborhood. We both got home super late, again.

Saturday: Extremely lazy day. Slept in, watched Prince Caspian with David and Amy. Took Amy and her friend Caitlin to the library. Went out job searching. Then I came home, talked to Lana really briefly on skype, and napped for way too long. Woke up in time for dinner and then watched Australia with my parents and David.

It's been really nice to be back (though I do miss everyone dearly).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have a few things to tell you:
1. i got two lumberjack shirts, today, but I didn't get any of my grandpa's shirt that are covered in moose.
2. you are as squinty as Howard, sir.
3. I read this name: Jeremiah Johnson, and thought you meant you were babysitting.
4. I miss you, but I'm glad that you're having fun