Thursday, September 24, 2009

Haircut, visit, house. More news than I thought.

I've been doing a better job writing in my journal, but doing a much worse at keeping up my blog. I have not though that I had much news. I've been working, going to school, etc etc. But nothing particularly exciting has happened. Most of the big changes lately have been internal and pretty personal, so I haven't wanted to write about them for all to see.

I was talking to Lana about my lack of big news to share though, and she readily spouted off a list of things that I had not mentioned on my blog. As I got thinking about that, I realized she was very right.

So the things that I have neglected to mention:

I got a haircut! Finally. Becky and my hair pact ended at the beginning of September. So of course I cut it.

I actually had Emily cut my hair for me on a Sunday afternoon and then went to the hair school that Janessa attends to have her straighten it out for me. (it was a bit uneven. but not too bad).
Which reminds me... I never posted about that weekend. Emily and Delanie, two of my oldest friends, came to visit me from Arizona. They arrived late on a Friday night and left the next Monday.

While they were here, we went to my favorite restaurant of all time, the Hong Kong Tea Room and Restaurant in SLC.


We visited Temple Square and I showed them all around Salt Lake.


We ate a lot of of food during their visit. Like, a lot. We went to the Malt Shoppe one night with Sophie and then went disco skating afterwards.


In other news:
I got a job. Finally. I work on campus in the Office of IT in the tech. support call center.
Classes are good.
Becky's bridal shower is in two days! I'll have to remember to post about that one later.
I realized how completely inept I am when it comes to the opposite sex.
We are finally settled into our house and into our routines. And we had a prowler. Cool.
Here are some photos of the house...

Our dead lawn. How sad.
Our kitchen.

Our living room.
My room.

No comments: