Tuesday, September 14, 2010

here are some positives

I have :
a family that takes care of me and loves me.
friends that are thoughtful, kind, and giving.
a nice place to live and a comfortable bed.
access to everything I need.
books all around me.

Today I found a Stars song that I had never heard.
I got to see my brother Kevin.
My grandparents brought me Ensures and told me they loved me.
My mom talked to me on the phone 600 times today because she cares about me, not because I had anything interesting to talk about.
I actually got my room picked up.
I made it to work, at least for part of the morning.
The book I'm (re)reading is as good as I remember it being.
My nails are painted red.
I bought a new journal.
I am getting ready to set new goals.
Sitting out on the porch today did not result in any bug bites.


I know there are lots of things to be happy about.
I cannot control everything.
Things will work out eventually.
Self soothing.
Okay.