So imagine how much sadder I became when I stepped out my front door and was confronted with snow. Lots and lots of snow. It was deep and still falling.
I dug my car out and drove over to campus. Because it was so snowy and cold and sucky, I decided to park in a little alley just south of where I work. This turned out to be the biggest joke in the world.
I got stuck in the snow. Luckily, I had tossed the snow shovel in my back seat from when I originally dug myself out at my house. I got out of my car and tried to free my car. Of course I looked crazed and was struggling a lot. A kind stranger happened to be walking past right then and he offered to help. We eventually got the car dug out of the snow and tried to park it... when it SLID INTO THE GUTTER. Did I mention I was already running late? Gah.
The kind stranger helped me get the car out and park it. (notice my distress in the illustration below. also, those are muscles - not tumors - on the guy's arms)

Thirty minutes later, I walked into work - breathing heavily and crusted in cold, cold snow.
So thanks stranger. You are a kind soul. You probably ended up a lot colder and more exhausted than you expected to when you initially offered to help me.
Oh, and my supervisor let me leave work for a few minutes after I arrived so that I could eat a bagel from the vending machine. Hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment