Thursday, February 24, 2011

another one of those list posts

Things that make me happy:
cleaning my house and keeping it that way
listening to girly music
seeing my perfume bottles all lined up on the dresser
finding old letters and treasures buried in drawers
being able to just live (not budgeting energy, not having to cancel on people, going to school and work and having a social life)
going without a winter coat
having a clear head
and probably you, if you are reading this.


I spent an hour or two this morning reading archived emails from the past couple of years (...It was a slow day at work.)
It was like a journal of sorts. There were a bunch from when Becky lost her cell phone a couple of years ago. Her main form of communication became email (and also gchat). There were a ton of silly conversations that I found - nothing especially earth shattering, just back and forth stuff with a friend. I also found lots of emails that I wrote last summer to Sophie, Paige, and Nicole while they were all far away. And a bunch of little notes between Lana and I - because we couldn't get through an entire day of work or class without talking to each other. Even though we would see each other when we got home at night. There were links to news articles and ridiculous flash games that I had sent to people and that they had sent to me. Pictures, forwards, and web comics exchanged and laughed at.

It was interesting, though, how reading those emails took me straight back to the mindset I had been in when I wrote/read them. I remembered a lot of the events mentioned, but time had changed my memory of them. The words in the messages brought things back much more accurately. Time does funny things to memory.

Feel free to ignore the actual video - but I'm listening to this right now. My room is warm and smells like cinnamon, my bed is very soft, and I don't have anything pressing to do. Happy, content, comfortable.

1 comment:

Becky Pitcher said...

I love you, and I'm glad that you're happy.
And it's been nice to see and talk to you lately.