Start with Jeremy Enigk's album "World Waits". (Put it on repeat. forever and ever.)
Follow that up with a multi-generational visit to a nail salon. Moms and Nanas know what's up.
Go clothes shopping. (A brand new white shirt will do wonders for your outlook on life. It's symbolic.)
Spend time with friends that listen. Love them.
Keep as busy as you can. (You don't feel like going out and socializing? Tough. Do it anyway.)
Stand in the sunshine as much as possible.
Cry. Cry as much as you want. (No shame.)
Indulge in fried foods.
Then eat the healthiest salad in the world for your next meal.
Take walks. Explore. Get fresh air.
Make some new friends.
Pour your heart out into a journal.
Put that journal on the shelf and start a new one.
Drink tea.
Bake things.
Laugh a little.
Stop feeling guilty for laughing.
Clean some more.
Revert back to your childhood for a little while.
Read things. Books, magazines, the internet. The Whole Internet.
Draw. (With charcoal, so that you get covered in black smudges. Then take a shower. Also symbolic.)
Still don't feel better? Wait it out, I guess.
3 comments:
I wish this post had a Like button. I wanted very badly to like it. I felt it would have been the only way to show my true support of my dear bosom friend in the very depths of despair! I love you. Let's finish Anne together.
So perfect Rudy. I hope things look up soon, and I sure love you!
AHhhh Lauren. You left off the get slobbering drunk and sing sad songs about wizards! It's ok, though. I forgive you.
On a slightly (SLIGHTLY) more serious note, I think you are amazing. The very best. The tippy top. Everyone just wishes they could be as good as you.
Post a Comment