Monday, March 1, 2010

it's sunny outside

Eight weeks. Counting this one. Then I will be done with finals.

I started out disliking this semester immensely. I still don't like my work schedule. At all. And things get kind of crazy sometimes. But I am feeling pretty good about things right now. It's funny, because I was feeling kind of off balance, as I tend to get. I felt like something was off. I realize now that nothing was wrong. Just the opposite. There are no big problems; things are hectic but manageable, I've been healthy lately, and I'm content with things as they are. I think that sometimes I get used to living with a "just get through it" mentality. I have been holding my breath, waiting for the next unpleasant thing to creep up. But really, sometimes life is just good. Nothing bad, nothing especially exciting. Just steady and nice. I need to focus on enjoying what I have right now, rather than worrying about what could be just around the corner.

Please note that I just knocked on the wooden table next to me.


Anyway, the point is: I'm happy. I am enjoying the current state of things. I am learning so much in my classes, I have a great home (which I can continue living in for the next year. I signed on through August 2011), and I have friends I care about very much. There are little stresses, but nothing especially alarming. Things are good.

No comments: