Forget sleigh bells and carols - give me fireworks, barbecues, and swimming pools. Because the most wonderful time of the year is not in December.
It's summer.
And it finally feels like summer.
Really and truly.
The sun shines and doesn't set until nine. The breeze is warm, popsicles and juice are my primary source of nourishment, I stay up way too late, and I am barefoot most of the time.
Green grass and sprinklers and hiking and walks along the Provo river trail.
Bike rides in the evenings.
Late night movies, ice cream cones.
Shorts, no make up, sitting in the shade.
The mourning doves coo in the trees. The stars are bright and the sky is clear.
We keep the house dark and cool.
I sleep with my windows open. Listen to the trains as I fall asleep.
People have lost that manic look they get during the school year. (Pinched and sallow, dark circles under their eyes.)
Their faces are freckled and brown. Flushed cheeks and smiles.
I love summer.
3 comments:
amen. :)
bah humbug!
winter is the most wonderful time.
although it is pretty pretty now..
it was nice to see you today. Can I see you again soon?
oops! that comment was left by Becky.
Post a Comment