New goals:
- go to bed at a decent time
- spend less money eating out/going to movies
- read at least one book each week for the rest of the summer
- keep my bedroom picked up
- get out of bed when my alarm goes off (so that I have time to shower and so that Lana doesn't have to listed to Yelle or Sugar Ray every five minutes for half the morning)
- do something active at least three times per week
- cut back on sugar (no more buying sweet things)
- focus on being a better friend, roommate, daughter, etc. and less on things that don't really matter
Lately I've become really lackadaisical, listless, languid, lazy, leaden - I think you get the picture - about things/my life/everything. No more. I will not fall back on any of my usual excuses - "it's too hot", "but it's summer", "I forgot to eat lunch so these five rice krispy treats are really just balancing out the missed calories".
I had very lofty goals at the beginning of this summer. And again towards the middle. Somewhere in the last couple of weeks, though, I lost my footing and ended up meandering around. I know exactly what happened and I know just what I need to do to fix this.
No comments:
Post a Comment