Wednesday, August 25, 2010

a perfect storm

It is 4 am and I am awake. (5 am Utah time)
Why?
Because we drove from Provo to Mesa yesterday. And we left at 12:30 am.
Which means I did not sleep yesterday.

I arrived at my parents' home, took a shower, and then went to see Thomas - hairdresser and friend extraordinaire. After me, my mother, and my nana had all been trimmed and blow-dried, we headed back to my nana's home. My cousin met us there with four enormous pizzas from Barros (the most wonderful pizza in the world).

Did I mentioned that the only thing I had eaten for 24 hrs previous to this had been an egg muffin thing from McDonalds?
Did I further mention that yesterday was the hottest day of the year in Arizona?

So picture this: no sleep, no food, very little water, and overwhelming heat.


Which is why I inhaled three slices of pizza and then promptly passed out on my grandparents' couch. I woke up long enough to come back to my parents' home, strip down, and fall fast asleep.

I woke up just now because I was hot, dehydrated, and feeling weird.

One glass of water and a blog post later and I am ready for round two of sleep.
But not round two of pizza.
Tomorrow (today?) I am eating nothing but vegetables.

Good night. morning. sleep.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I laughed when you said you woke up feeling weird. Why do we always do that to ourselves?

I miss you, I love you, and bring me back some Barros.

Marge Bjork said...

come back! come back!