Saturday, October 16, 2010

all you need is a cat


Day thirteen of the hospital.

Yes, I now know the majority of the nurses.
I know what time they deliver meals, when the crazy shift changes occur (and therefore - when to ask for meds because the nurses will be too busy otherwise), and I know the best way to tie a hospital gown (without help thankyouverymuch).

Last night my nurse came in and looked around my room.
"This place is too homey," she said as I sat knitting by the light of my Tiffany lamp (thank you, Julia), Jim Dale narrating Harry Potter quietly in the background.
"The only thing you need to complete this picture is a cat curled up on the bed. Next time be sure to bring a cat." She paused and continued, "...only don't. Because there shouldn't be a next time. And cats are probably a bad idea in the hospital."
"You need to go home," she said.


And I think I will go home soon. Hopefully. Maybe.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you get to go home soon! You deserve a nice, comfortable place AWAY from the hospital.

Marge Bjork said...

cats at home! cats at home! cats at home!