I have a lot of things to get done tomorrow.
Bank, grocery shopping, post office, laundry, cleaning.
I'm thinking of Christmas gifts.
And of snow.
And of work,
school starting in January,
internships?,
tuition,
loans,
medical bills,
medicalhealthmumbojumbo,
whatdoesthatmeanformeinthelongrun?,
howcanIeverplanforanything?,
what am I doing with my life?,
and on and on.
The rational part of my brain chimes in every so often.
There's nothing that I can do tonight about anything. Right now it's time to relax and go to sleep. And besides - things will all work out. Getting stressed about things does not help them.
Calm down, let it all go, sleep.
And for about five minutes I do calm down. I start to settle in a bit more.
But then I start thinking again. And all my limbs feel jumpy. And I can't figure out why I feel like leaping out of bed and going for a run.
Because it is FIVE IN THE MORNING. And there is snow on the ground. And it is dark and cold and miserable.
2 comments:
You never sleep well when there's snow outside. I remember this.
I think it's because the snow is so reflect-y and it makes it seem light out.
Also, I have been very self-absorbed, but I still think of you often and would like it if you cam to visit me.
you can call me and i will go running. because i frequently feel jumpy and runny at five in the morning.
Post a Comment