- the sound of the dishwasher in the evening
- clean sheets
- the smell of brownies baking
- an organized bedroom
- lamplight (as opposed to overhead lighting)
- an up-to-date To Do list
- a fully stocked fridge
- little reminders that people love me (notes, letters, pictures, hellos)
Something about today:
This evening I found out that an old friend of mine passed away. He was in a car crash last Sunday while traveling between cities on the Warped Tour.
I hadn't seen him in a few years. He and I went to junior high and high school together. We were on student council together, we were in lots of the same clubs, and in lots of the same classes. I had not talked to him since we graduated from Red Mountain apart from an occasional "hello, how are things". It feels strange that he's gone now.
Aren't friends like him supposed to be constant (though distant) figures in your life? Those friends from high school that are just there. The ones you expect you'll run into at a grocery store or at a high school reunion, but that you don't feel any need to seek out. I'm sad that he's gone. People our age shouldn't be going anywhere. It scares me to think that a life can end so suddenly.
Zach was a really great guy and a very talented musician. I know he'll be missed by a lot of people.
No comments:
Post a Comment