Friday, January 30, 2009

First of all, the shamwow guy is insane.
Apart from that...
Things have been going pretty well lately. Classes are okay, the weather has not been too cold or snowy, and I'm getting settled in to my new apartment. I really like it here. I'm looking forward to when we have a house, of course. But in the mean time - this is a nice place to be.

I've been thinking a lot about my major. No surprises there. I've mostly been thinking about elementary education. The more I think about it, the more it seems to be the right thing for me. I have not completely convinced myself of it yet, but I feel good about it. My dad always says to picture where you want to be in the future. Imagine your life the way you want it to be. Then figure out what steps you need to take to get there. I know that I can absolutely picture myself being a teacher. And the life I imagine for myself can absolutely be accomplished if I go with this path. So we'll see, but I think this might be good.

I miss warm weather. But if the next few months go as quickly as January has, it won't be long before I am laying out in the grass with the sun shining down.

3 comments:

Lana said...

I love you. And the Shamwow guy is barking mad! I love my El Ed major, it is so beyond interesting. I'm constantly learning. Like really learning, and it's all interesting. Plus it has a lot to do with Psychology, which I love. Try taking human development class. It used to be MFHD 210. It might be SFL 210 now. It was the class that convinced me that this was the major for me. And it was SO interesting. I love that you change your major once a month. :) I miss you. And I can't wait for warmth either.

Lana said...

I used the word interesting too many times in that last comment...

travis pitcher said...

You are a pro. And you are so interesting. and interestingly enough, I was thinking recently that it would be interesting to talk to you about your interesting situation about trying to find an interesting major. Would that interest you?

PS I hope Lana reads this and gets angry.