I've done this survey at the end of every year since 2006. I used to put it on my livejournal, but I don't really use that anymore. So, here it is on my blog.
I went to a drive-in movie, got a super short haircut, went swimming in the Atlantic, and got a loan.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I think so, though there is still room for improvement. Next year will be a continuation of the old one (work harder) as well as some new ones.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth this year?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth this year?
Yes! Two of my cousins did.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my Tutu passed away in January and my Great Uncle Val passed away this last week.
5. What countries did you visit this year?
5. What countries did you visit this year?
Nowhere outside of the U S of A. There's always next year.
6. What would you like to have in the next year that you lacked this year?
6. What would you like to have in the next year that you lacked this year?
A better head on my shoulders.
7. What date from this year will remain etched upon your memory - and why?
7. What date from this year will remain etched upon your memory - and why?
March 17th, I suppose. It was a really great St. Patrick's Day spent with people I love. The holiday is never a huge deal at my house, so it was something new and really nice. Not a huge, huge event. But it stands out.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a job and paying my own bills.
9. What was your biggest failure of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure of the year?
All the self doubting and second guessing I've done. Next year: more confidence.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing new, nothing big.
11. What was the best thing you bought this year?
11. What was the best thing you bought this year?
I really love my new coat.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I feel like plenty of people merit celebration for their behavior. Nobody is perfect, but I know a lot of people who have been working and improving themselves this year.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
25. What was your favorite film of the year?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The Gosselins. I know, I know. Reality TV personalities. But really.
14. Where did most of your money go this year?
14. Where did most of your money go this year?
Rent, textbooks, and Thai food.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about this year?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about this year?
Boys, our pretty little house
16. What song will always remind you of this year?
16. What song will always remind you of this year?
Cat Power - The Greatest, anything from the OC soundtrack, something from Maria Taylor's Ladyluck album or Midlake's The Trials of Van Occupanther album, Lisa Mitchell - Coin Laundry, Love Games (from the Mighty Boosh)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- happier or sadder? Happier
- richer or poorer? Richer, marginally. Very, very marginally.
- thinner or fatter? Same... I think
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- happier or sadder? Happier
- richer or poorer? Richer, marginally. Very, very marginally.
- thinner or fatter? Same... I think
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercising
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Doubting
20. How did you spend the holidays?
20. How did you spend the holidays?
Home in Arizona with family, food, and my puppy.
21. Did you fall in love this year?
21. Did you fall in love this year?
Yes and no. More in love with life. More enamored with a boy than I've ever been before. (But I don't know about love.)
22. What was your favorite TV program for the year?
22. What was your favorite TV program for the year?
Heroes, Gossip Girl, or The Colony
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No
24. What was the best book you read this year?
24. What was the best book you read this year?
Hunger Games, for sure. YA, but so good.
25. What was your favorite film of the year?
I really liked the Brothers Bloom. Coraline was really great. Avatar was pretty amazing too.
26. How would you describe your personal fashion concept this year?
26. How would you describe your personal fashion concept this year?
More grown up, still not mature
27. Whom did you miss this year?
27. Whom did you miss this year?
Molly
28. Who was the best new person you met this year?
28. Who was the best new person you met this year?
Hm. Not sure.
29. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned for this year.
29. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned for this year.
Trust your instincts.
30. New Year's Resolutions for 2010:
- I will make decisions and then stick with them.
- I will work hard at everything I do.
- I will be more patient.
- I will be more understanding.
No comments:
Post a Comment