Sunday, July 10, 2011

weekend tally

movies watched: three
sweaty naps taken: three
episodes of H20 watched: at least 8
number of walks: four
itchy, itchy bug bites: nine (last time I counted)
popsicles consumed: countless.

Some other numbers:
7 days until the Bingham reunion
3 weeks and 2 days until I go to Arizona
5 weeks until I move
7 weeks until classes begin

I'm going to miss my neighborhood. And I know I'll miss the summer when it's through.
Despite this, I can't help feeling impatient and jittery. I jump through time mentally - looking forward to tomorrow, then next week, then next month. This inevitably leads me through the years until I begin to panic at the thought of old age.
So I go for a run, remind myself that I am still young.

I need to keep working on this "living in the present" thing.

No comments: