Wednesday, May 30, 2012

roommates

I shared a room with my brothers when I was really young and then with my little sister when I was a teenager. Finally, during my last year or two of living at home, I got my own bedroom. Which was AWESOME. 
Then I moved away to college and got roommates.

Yeah, I was not too excited about that one.

Things you should know about rooming with a bunch of girls?
First of all, there will be hair all over ev-er-y-thing. And none of it will be yours.
Second, girls can seriously eat. That punch bowl full of candy corn? That'll last you about 48 hours. Maybe.
Also... there will be a blowdryer going approximately 80% of the time.
Hot water? Yeah, that's a thing of the past. Get used to cold, cold showers because in a house of six ladies the hot water heater just cannot keep up.
Chances are there will be bouts of crying and hysterical laughter. These will probably overlap. You will get used to it.
Your jaw will actually hurt from talking so much.
And finally, you will not be prepared for the roommate-withdrawals you experience once everyone moves away. 

Any time I flip through old photos I see these little captions next to everyone.

roommate photo, as seen through my eyes

see that face? clearly I knew what was to come

I think all I'm trying to say is that I miss these mugs.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss you! This describes quite accurately what it is like to live with girls. But we were all the best of them! ...Right?

Lana said...

Bah! So many laughs and so much hair. I miss you very much. When I'm generally complaining about how I didn't want to leave Utah and I miss everyone so much, he reminds me that maybe it is harder for the people who are the last to leave. I love you. Good post.

Becky Pitcher said...

MY MUG IS IN PROVO!
Come and get it!

Paige said...

I would kill for some roommates now especially if they had a heater I could sprawl in front of. It is a bit lonely in the village. Oh those were the good days.