Wednesday, February 4, 2009

february already?

Even though January seemed to last an eternity, I still feel a little surprised by the arrival of February. This should be a quick and a lovely month. Valentine's Day, an approaching three day weekend, nicer weather (maybe? please?).

Life has finally settled into a pattern. I have a set work schedule and I'm finally getting used to my class schedule. The weeks no longer feel like years. I woke up this morning to find that it is already Wednesday.

Something else new: I just entered another new face phase. I looked in the mirror last night and saw a completely new person. I'm happy with this one - so it's a good thing.

Today I'm supposed to go out for lunch with Ryan, that should be nice.

I also have my first oral examination in French today. I'm a little nervous. The thing is, I am pretty comfortable speaking French with other students. But any time I have to converse with a teacher or a native French speaker I am terrified that they are judging my accent and grammar. And since this is a test, that is EXACTLY what will be happening.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Bon Chance. I miss you terribly. I miss your face. I hope I recognize it. :) Also, I hate the snow. I hate the snow so freaking badly. I HATE SNOW! And I will never live somewhere cold if I can help it. I'm with you 100%. NO more SNOW, PLEASE! I need warmth. I'm going to die. I hope this settling in means you will stay in Utah with me... we can complain about the cold together.