Wednesday, June 2, 2010

dating is hard and other realizations

Something I realized: Dating is hard. And I am such a rookie.
Ah, well. Maybe someday I will get it right. In the mean time - let's just hope my blundering doesn't end up causing too many problems for people.

I've been having that feeling lately like it is time for an overhaul. A personality, life, everything-type overhaul. I've got a 12ish hour drive ahead of me this weekend - so that will give me some time to come up with a course of action. (Think diagrams.) I've already wasted away the first quarter of my summer. It's definitely time to get down to business.

Brainstorming:
I need to work on
- my intellectual/educational pursuits. Summer is not an excuse for losing sight of my goals. It is time to be preparing for the coming year, exploring new avenues of thinking, etc etc.
- the way I interact (or don't) with other people. There are a lot of things that will be going into this category. It's time to be more assertive and self-assured. Enough of this grass in the wind business.
- dating. Focus more on meeting people, getting out, making friends. Learn how to date. Stop kissing on the first date and freaking out after the second.
- my sense of style. It's time to get one.
- my health.
- financeeessssss.

Okay. A good start.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dating is overrated...

I miss you! Be safe on your trip to AZ. I will be enjoying about the same weather, but with less A/C. Be grateful you have it ;)

Becky Pitcher said...

Blegh.
I love you the way you are, but maybe you're right about the whole kissing plan.

Also, call my sister.

Lauren said...

Thank you for the reminder! I will be sure to call Mary once I'm in town.