Friday, June 4, 2010

really?




This has been driving me crazy for nearly two years.

Two summers ago I was on a late-night crawl through the labyrinth that is Wikipedia. Somewhere in my trawling I came across a small bit of trivia. I was surprised to learn that there was a special name for a particular type of architectural ornament. "Cool," I thought to myself. "I'll store that away for future use."

Being in an only semi-lucid state, however, I neglected to bookmark the Wikipedia page. Besides, I have a great memory and normally have no trouble recalling these things. (That was a joke, there, in case you were wondering.)

Months later, I saw one of these little devils hanging in a garden somewhere and said, "Oh! Did you know that there is a name for those? It's... it's... uh......". And I drew a complete blank.

Today I was determined to solve the mystery. I put one of my most prominent talents to work - stringing together the perfect search terms to find just about anything on Google - and found the Wikipedia page again.

So, what are the called?
Green men.
They are called GREEN MEN.

How sad.

No comments: