I dreamt that I got lost in Provo. I had just left the house of an elderly woman. There had been about thirty hipsters crowded in her tiny living room. They were all watching Gilmore Girls and being cool in the way that makes you wonder if they ever crack a smile. I told brother Ryan that I needed to leave. It was late and I had class in the morning. He kept saying we would leave, but got distracted by something each time we started to go. Finally I just got up to leave without him. The old woman kissed my cheek and told me how much I'd grown. I didn't know that I had known her as a child.
I left the house and started to walk home, following the GPS on my phone. I made a wrong turn and ended up in the middle of a rice paddy. A threatening looking man biked up next to me and would not leave me alone. I stepped off the dirt road in the hope that he would just pass by. A family with a dozen small children paraded by - some of them in little red wagons and some of them on bikes. Once they'd gone, the man on the bicycle began to move in closer and closer to me. I was getting a little more panicked when out of nowhere hot Ryan showed up on a skinny framed bike. He was wearing an old fashioned police uniform. He had a bronze whistle around his neck. He started chatting with the threatening man, which made me nervous until I realized that he was trying to intimidate the guy into leaving me alone. I wasn't sure whether I could trust either of them, so I ducked into a secondhand store to wait out the night. I fell asleep in a pile of old stuffed animals and woke up in a puddle of antifreeze.
Then I woke up for real on the top bunk in Amy's room, feeling overheated and groggy.
Edit:
According to every online "dream resource"...
antifreeze
to see or use antifreeze in your dream, suggests that you are being emotionally cold and perhaps need to warm up to others more.
A few weeks ago I also dreamt that I was stranded in the snow crying antifreeze tears.
Please note that I generally have pretty weird but pleasant dreams. I've just had a few weird(er), more upsetting ones lately.
2 comments:
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA! Was he doing pilates too? I laughed so hard at this dream. I miss you. Time to come home.
i am mesmerized.
Post a Comment