Saturday, October 22, 2011

Yellowstone

This weekend I took a much-needed break and went on a road trip with Matt and Lana.  We drove to Rexburg on Friday (yesterday), stayed with some of Matt's friends over night, then we all went to Yellowstone for the day.

Here are just a few pictures:
In front of the sign at the entrance! (of course)
 In front of a cloud of sulfur/hot pots!
Reading about the things!
Old Faithful!  Which lived up to it's name.

We'll drive back tomorrow and then it's school-midterms-researchpaper-rent-bills-andgnlrekheh;ekbgejknentr freaking out.  I didn't realize just how stressed I was until I went away and took a break from it all.  I told myself I wouldn't think about any of it while I was away... and for the most part I didn't.  That is, until this afternoon when I was standing next to a pool of boiling clay, bathed in a cloud of sulfurous vapor, and I started to have a mini heart attack as I thought about all the things that are waiting for me in Provo.  I was able to push down the panic, though, and enjoy the rest of the day. 

Also - I was really tempted to turn this post into some stupid analogy comparing my stress levels to a geyser.  But I didn't.  You're welcome.

1 comment:

Marge Bjork said...

"Reading about the things!" = best caption ever. I'm glad you were able to get away from it all.