I am moving tomorrow. I am really, really excited for the change. A new place, new roommate, new neighborhood. A change of scenery and an opportunity for a new phase of my life. As I've packed up all of my things, though, I've realized that I'll miss this place. (Not enough to stay another year, or anything - but you know.)
Two year ago, I moved in this house with some of my best friends. It's been a good place to be. Sure - the house is old. And drafty. And crumbling. But it's been my home for two years.
Most of these pictures are from the first year here. I am terrible about taking pictures - so the last year is mostly undocumented. But these should give a good impression of how things have been: bright, crowded, tricksy, and kind of ridiculous.









This house has been a big part of my life. I don't know if I can explain this without sounding really sappy, so sorry in advance. But so many of my memories over the last couple of years took place right here. I've studied, cried, and loved here. I've watched four friends leave here and get married. It's the place where I've felt safe enough to be completely myself. This place has been my home through heartbreaks, happy times, scary things, and so, so many changes. This home, more than any other, is one that I have grown in. It's time to go, but I'll always think of this as my first real home since moving out on my own.
So goodbye to my bright, little home.

2 comments:
I was so sad when I left as well. Not for the house, but for all the things that made it our home. Happy moving day!
what on earth is with all the marb swkt signs?!?!
That's how I felt moving from that town
Post a Comment