Monday, August 29, 2011

Look, I like you summer. You're my favorite and we've had a lot of good times. But it's time we had a chat.

Your long, hot sunny days are wonderful I love wearing sandals and shorts all the time, laying in the grass, enjoying the outdoors.

Here's the thing, though. School started and took away everything good about you. I don't get to enjoy any of the positive aspects of our relationship these days. Instead, I have to put on pants (yikes) and closed-toed shoes (sigh) and trudge across campus. I have to wear a backpack and hurry everywhere I go. My shirt gets all sweaty where my backpack straps go and I just end up red and gross by the end of the day.

I wish what we had could have lasted forever. But the reality is that we need some time apart. I need a cooler season in my life right now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Who breaks up with summer? I mean, autumn I can understand, but summer? How could you? He's heartbroken, I'm sure.

this is all sorts of hilarious XD